Weekend Restorative Retreat
Crow Wing Crest Lodge
September 15 & 16, 2023
Sign up soon - there are still a couple spaces left!
Join Molly, Shelly, and Lisa Johnson Taylor to
Restore, replenish, reconnect with your inner strength
Your work in the care-giving profession is critical for so many. You have chosen a career that makes an extraordinary difference to others. This is meaningful, and can be exhausting. We know that you have a hard time taking time for yourself. And we also know the importance of taking that time to restore – for you and for all those that you work with.
Our retreats are designed with you in mind. Nestled in the beautiful Minnesota north woods in a cozy resort on a lake located in Akeley – just 2-3 hours from the Twin Cities – your weekend surroundings are filled with whispering trees, the peaceful songs of the loons, the soft rhythm of the waves. Even as you arrive, you will breathe deeper and start to release the tension that may feel has become a permanent part of you.
We work to keep the number of retreat participants low so that you all have time for your own space to restore as you need, with the awareness of being a part of a group that understands the stresses of the caretaker profession – a collective energy to tap into throughout the weekend and beyond.
Your weekend of replenishment will be a blend of guided self-inquiry, mindful movement, connecting with nature, ceremony, and play – with time to be with just yourself along with time with the group. Our process combines nature-based healing and spiritual awakening through somatic-based inquiry. We will help you access your ability to listen inside your own body for the answers on how to clear the ‘sludge’ that has built up, release what is needed to release and open the space to replenish and heal.
You leave feeling refreshed, nourished and tapped into your life-source energy.
All work is guided by Molly DePrekel, Lisa Johnson Taylor and Shelly Edwards, three licensed psychologists that are experts in their field and have years of experience in different areas of the mental health field.
General flow of the weekend includes:
Friday afternoon arrival
- Take a self-guided tour of the resort and start to feel the tension release
- 3:00 group grounding activities and then dinner
- Yoga, accessing activities, guided sensorimotor- body inquiry, meditations and journaling
- Free time – play at the lake, go for a walk, sign up for a massage or reflexology session, kayak, enjoy
- Group gathering and check-in
- Group accessing activities, fire ceremony, free time in nature, dream ceremony
- Yoga and body movement
- Grounding activities
- Group sharing on how to continue the cleansing and restoration
Closing – noon
Authentic Restoration Retreat
Come join us for a restorative weekend in nature. Through body-focused activities, movement, self-inquiry, mindful exploration, ceremony, and play we will nourish ourselves and find our capacity to restore.
Join Molly, Lisa, and Shelly in a reorganization and reset for the caregiver.
- Molly DePrekel is a licensed psychologist with over 28 years of experience in mental health and healing. Her focus is on animal-assisted interventions, nature-based healing and somatic practice.
- Lisa Johnson Taylor is a licensed psychologist with over 30 years of experience in mental health. She is passionate about group work that accesses body wisdom and supports a collective transformation.
- Shelly Edwards is a mental health therapist and shamanic practitioner focused on helping others follow their innate ability to heal and be in connection with their greater wisdom.
Stay in a cabin at Crow Wing Lodge where free time activities include nature trails, lakeside sauna, kayaks, other water toys and a beach on a clear lake. Retreat activities include yoga, meditation, accessing somatic markers of stress and releasing old patterns of thought, emotion or reaction. We will then bring in the new more resourced ways of thinking, feeling and reacting to be more in alignment with our authentic, wise, fullness of being. Come join us.
When: September 15-17, 2023. Begins at 3:00 on Friday until 1:00 on Sunday
Where: Crow Wing Crest Lodge, 31159 County 23, Akeley, MN
Cost: Cost: $450.00 includes lodging, dinner on Friday and Saturday night.
A limited number of single occupancy rooms available for $480.00.
Non residential rate 300.00. Lodging is one of three shared cabins with
fully equipped kitchens. Breakfast and lunch are on your own and it is recommended to cook on premise.
Register at Amidstthetrees.com under "retreats"