This is our first official week of prime-time summer and our "trial run" of scheduled activities. School's OUT and summer is HERE!
Top 10 reasons to choose 10% off Week:
- Warmer Weather than you might think! Average June temps are 73 degrees for a high, 52 degrees for a low (based on 91 years of local records Hubbard County - click here for more local weather averages)
- Big reunions: get your choice of cabins and ask about holding a few group meals in the lodge, with seating for 50
- Loons are vocal and "showing off" to impress a mate
- Fishin' is always better in June (versus July or August)
- You may have to stop on the road to wait for a wild turtle to cross
- Bird watchers: this is a great week to hang out (watch for migrating red starts, swans, flickers, bohemian waxwings, scarlet tanagers, indigo buntings, etc.)
- Best selection of clothing sizes and gifts in the lodge early in season
- Paul Bunyan Days celebration in Akeley - one mile away (teen dance on Friday night, kids ice cream eating contest, fish fry, woodcarving demo, town BINGO, "Banjo Man") Last weekend in June.
- Tons of area MUSIC (Moondance Jammin' Country or 2nd Street Stage Music downtown Park Rapids), NATURE (Lady Slippers in Itasca State Park) and FESTIVALS (see Chamber Events page)
- Save money by utilizing this special: if your big group decides to book Cabin #7, for example, 10% off saves you $300+ for the week, wow!