Our StaySafe initiative has been developed with the intent to continue offering cabin-by-the-lake vacations within CDC, MN Dept. of Health, and MN Governor guidelines. We are constantly updating and welcome guest feedback and further suggestions. Camping Update
Above all, we want everyone to be safe and well: guests, staff, and us, too. If you feel sick, stay home. We ask that you take extra precautions to not expose yourself to risk two weeks prior to your stay with us.
Please bring your courtesy mask IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN VACCINATED. If you've been vaccinated, you may come and go as you like during lodge hours, including upon check-in.
Check-In: You will be welcome to go onto your cabin and make yourself at home. If you have not been vaccinated, we ask that you TEXT US upon arrival (within an hour) and we will walk up to your cabin to greet you and collect your cabin payment: cash (exact amount if possible), personal check (ready in hand,) or credit card (in this case we will take to lodge, process and bring back to you disinfected - note the 3% cc fee.) We intend to collect check-in information a few days beforehand from you via e-mail to make it as seamless as possible (e.g. names & ages of kids, vehicle license plate #, boat rental validation, etc.) WE HAVE BEEN COVID VACCINATED (Kim & John, Emily & Ryan) Just FYI.
Check-Out: Come down to lodge during open hours to check-out the day/eve BEFORE your departure. Or, text us and we will stop at your cabin with your bill to collect tab expenses, chat about your stay and accept reservation deposits for next year.
- Check-in/Check-out times: Saturday check-in time for weekly summer stays is now after 3:00 p.m. Check-out is any time before 3:00 p.m .the following Friday. (Weekly rates are set up to include the 6th night free. Hence, this is a 7 day/6 night week.)
LODGE: We plan to be OPEN this season! HOURS 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. starting in June.
NOTE: Lodge bathroom is locked for one more season, and the key will be given to guests in Sleeping Cottage for their exclusive use.
Laundry area, ARCADES and SAUNA will all be OPEN this year. Use at your own risk.
Fish Cleaning House will be available for use (soap and EPA approved disinfectant supplied. There will be a sign asking for only 1 cabin group at a time allowed only. Please be patient and wait while other groups finish processing their catch of the day. The door will be propped open for extra ventilation. LIVE BAIT - the convenience store 1.5 miles away has a variety of worms and minnows. (We WILL supply worms this year again.) You are most welcome to borrow one of our many bait buckets during your stay.
Sanitizing Stations will be provided throughout the grounds for guest use. (We have hand sanitizer and a bottle of EPA approved non-toxic disinfectant near the playground, the paddle/lifejackets behind sauna, the carousel, the basketball court, and the lodge deck. We will be checking them regularly, but text us if refills are needed.)
- Each bed will have a folded set of sanitized sheets, a blanket, a set of pillows with sanitized cases AND slips. (A spare blanket will be on a nearby shelf or in a dresser.) It is a DIY make-up your own bed style. OR BRING YOUR OWN BEDDING IF YOU LIKE.
- Sofa throws, decorator pillows, stuffed animals, bed quilts, comforters, and sofa-bed sheet sets have been removed from cabins per MN Dept of Health guidelines (to remove extraneous soft surfaces.) If your group needs a sofa-bed bag of linens, text us and we will bring a set down to your cabin.
- We already change out pot holders, rugs, tablecloths and shower curtains each week and do not supply towels or washcloths, so we think we have thought through soft surface disinfecting issues to the extent that we can. We welcome suggestions!
- Each cabin is already provided with non-toxic all-purpose cleaning solution, glass and carpet de-spotting solution. We now supply a bottle of non-toxic EPA-approved disinfectant, also.
- Learn about our eco-friendly COVID cleaning solutions
***Crow Wing Crest Lodge is allowing self-contained campers and RVs this season. We will NOT be taking tenting-only reservations this summer because there is no bathroom access this season (Sleeping Cottage guests have exclusive access to the formerly-communal lodge bathroom.)